There's nothing quite like an iced latte on a warm spring or summer morning. But why settle for a regular old iced latte when you can add a floral twist? This iced rose latte recipe is refreshing and delicious.
- 1 shot of espresso or 1/2 cup of strongly brewed coffee, chilled
- 1/2 cup of milk of your choice (dairy, almond, oat, etc.)
- 1 tbsp rose syrup (can be found at specialty grocery stores or online)
- Ice cubes
- Brew your coffee or espresso and let it chill in the fridge until you're ready to use it.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour your chilled coffee or espresso over the ice.
- In a separate container, froth your milk using a milk frother or by shaking it in a mason jar until it's frothy and has doubled in volume.
- Pour the frothed milk over the coffee.
- Drizzle the rose syrup over the top of the milk.
- Give it a stir to combine all the flavors.
- Enjoy your floral twist on your morning coffee!
- If you don't have rose syrup, you can also infuse your simple syrup with rose petals. Simply boil equal parts water and sugar, add in a handful of rose petals, and let it steep for 10-15 minutes. Strain out the petals and let the syrup cool before using it.
- If you want to add a little extra sweetness to your latte, you can add a little bit of honey or agave nectar to taste.
- To make it extra fancy, top your latte with some dried rose petals or edible rose petals.
Whether you're a coffee lover looking to switch things up or a fan of floral flavors, this iced rose latte is sure to become your new favorite warm weather drink. Give it a try and let us know what you think!